“And lo, Thou art of a tremendous nature.”
[Surah Qalam : 4]
Rasulullah’s (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) character extracted from
the Ahaadeeth of Shamaa`il Tirmizi
Hazrat Hasan (RA) says, (my younger brother) Husayn said : “I asked my father (Hazrat Ali (RA)) about the conduct of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) in his assemblies.”
- ‘Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) was always happy and easy mannered.
- There was always a smile and a sign of happiness on his blessed face.
- He was soft-natured and when the people needed his approval, he easily gave consent.
- He did not speak in a harsh tone nor was he stony hearted.
- He did not shout while speaking, nor was he rude nor spoke indecently.
- He did not seek other’s faults.
- He never overpraised anything, nor exceeded in joking, nor was he a miser.
- He kept away from undesirable language and did not make as if he did not hear anything.
- If he did not agree with the next person’s wish, he did not make that person feel disheartened, nor did he promise anything to that person.
- He completely kept himself away from three things : from arguments, pride and senseless utterances.
- He kept people away from three things:
1.) He did not disgrace anyone
2.) nor insult anyone,
3.) nor look for faults of others.
He only spoke that from which thawaab and reward was attained.